Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Too fat, Too thin ?!?

A little on the skinny side.....




So really,

is it such a big deal that my children are on the slimmer side of the " weight chart".

This is nothing new,

London has always been "under weight",

and currently still is!

Kingston's 2 year check up brought this annoying .....gasp

of being under weight.

Gee whizz... I get such a talking to.

I swear I feed my children, actually we snack attack all the time!

We maybe eat a little too much sugar than we really should too(oops!)

Take that doctors!

When London was just a wee one, we freaked about her little eating,

the doctors would drill me on what I feed her.... I became a panic, over conscious mother who found myself pleading with my little appetite eater to eat, eat, eat!

My poor mother and mother in-law had to hear me complain.....

I soon realized after an appointment with a cute pediatrician, who we were booked with accidentally in the same office as our pediatrician gave me a peace of mind. She could sense the overwhelming feelings I felt as we discussed London's history, weight, growth etc..

This doctor came to my level and eased my worries with compassion, sensitivity and reality.

She personally shared that her girls(she had three) were under weight, they have always been little things and she would get the same treatment. She related with me and assured me that it was totally fine!

The reality of a child's growth is that they are growing, they are healthy and they are on their own growth chart, moving upward. It is a shame that expectations are forced upon a general chart for a proper growth. Yes, I agree we need to have some kind of idea where a normal child should be healthy..... but have we forgotten that we are each individuals and we are not always going to be "general", or "normal".... whatever normal is... LOL

My point is, I love my bitties plump or skinny!

The funny thing is that Kingston was a whopping 8lbs 4oz. when he was born

and with in 2 months he

weighed 15lbs.... no joking! He was a chunk.... loved it!

Now he is 25% in weight and he has a great little appetite!

I am a happy Mom, with healthy babies....

That's all that matters to me!





No comments: